Wednesday, May 18, 2011

5 in 5 Day 2... The Pit of Despair!

I was a bit busy yesterday with editing pictures, YW, Activity Days Mom/Daughter night, helping fix the lawn mower (mostly just fixing the speakers on the computer so Kevin could watch a youtube on fixing it... but it counts.) and other lame stuff, so I thought I would be sneaky and get up this morning and tackle something easy and post about it. I thought, "20, maybe 30 minutes tops... Then I'll get dressed and ready for the day."
I made the rookie mistake of tackling the craft/catch-all dresser in our entry. Rookie! Two hours later I am standing in the middle of a mess strewn all over my kitchen bra-less and starving. Rookie!
My mistake was in thinking that it would only take one box to take care of all of the contents. Nope. 4 Boxes! 1 for kids crafts which I will need until the end of school and when school starts again. 1 for my craft stuff ie: card making, scrapbooking, poster making. 1 for stuff I am donating to a friend's supplies. 1 for goodwill. But don't forget the two grocery bags of garbage too.
I am done sorting, but now I have to find places for the bits and pieces of the rest (walkie-talkies, shoe laces, super glue, old film canisters, etc.)
I am counting this task as complete, but my next task (Task 3) might include cleaning off my kitchen counter tops :P



2 comments:

  1. My final project may have to be cleaning off my kitchen table...it's the little odds and ends that are the most annoying, unclassifiable and least likely to ever really be needed - right up until the point that you chuck them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in a good place. Two bags and several toys have made it to our outside garbage can. I just need to make sure I cover it up before the kids rescue anything. It's amazing what we all have gotten done so far!

    ReplyDelete