Monday, May 16, 2011

5 in 5... My Life In A Box


So, I am totally crashing the 5 in 5 challenge, but since I don't have a personal blog I am doing it here.

Challenge: Start packing!
I sat down today and did a count down to how many days I had left before we move... (69) Then I figured out how many days I would actually have to pack... (47! And that included today). Yikes!!!
The problem that I face is that there are few things that we own that I would want to move with me that I don't mind packing up right now.
















The solution... Bookshelves! I have 7ish bookcases in my home and have found that I can, temporarily, live without my books and cherished chotskies. (Featuring a wooden whale puzzle I made for Brady when he was 4, Grandma Hanna's old radio from her garage, and a frog prince Marcy gave me when I was single and dating a bunch of toads.)



With everything packed away, I show my real talent for moving. I have mastered the art of tracking my belongings and minimizing the frustration of not finding what you need after you move. This is box number 4 that I have packed and labeled with the number on all sides. Then I label the basics of what is in the box... Then genius comes in numbering each box in a notebook and then detailing what is in each box.

Later I will highlight each box number to indicate weather it will go into storage or with us.
I am a big fan of this method, but I really don't ever want to have to use it again ;)

7 comments:

  1. You are, like, creepy-organized.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never want to move...the entire process is entirely too daunting. If ever I must, I'm flying you out to help me pack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Tia, over do the list and then you won't be wondering about what is there. Just don't lose that master list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't want to move anytime soon, but I want the motivation to get rid of some of the stuff that I would never move.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moving! Who's moving?! Nobody tells me anything...>:(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am moving in July. I am 85% sure I told you. We are moving to Colorado to go and bond with Suzie-Q and her band of wild heathens.

    ReplyDelete