Monday, June 1, 2009

Out of the Bunker

Still Life, With Fruit.

We made it. Thirty-one days in the Bunker. No trips to the grocery store.

How did we do? For the most part, just fine. My list of things that I wish I had is surprisingly short. Sour cream, baked beans (I could have made some from scratch - I do have all the ingredients), fresh produce (we did what we could...) and ham. I know Alex missed milk - but he didn't really complain about the powdered milk...he just didn't drink much of it.

We could continue on with the experiment longer - but I think we've already gained valuable experience in what we need to survive (A secret stash of chocolate helps).

I saved up a lot money from my household budget...I now need to restock...look out Costco, here we come.

2 comments:

  1. Sour cream. I hadn't thought about that. Did you find that the meals were heavier than usual?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I like the still life on the counter...I'm assuming that you are nibbling on it as you pass by.

    ReplyDelete