Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hang 'Em High


Jonah's going through this whole "Self-sufficiency" thing right now and I love that Debbie is giving us a clearinghouse for all kinds of useful information for weathering nuclear fallout, color-coded threat levels and what have you. She balked at writing a mission statement because it seemed too--well, just too-too and I told her that people with bunkers don't write mission statements. People in bunkers write manifestos.

In my effort to surf creatively on the tide of economic peril, I pick up things from Goodwill and simply adore Target clearance. I grabbed these three curtain panels for my "Totally Salvaged Dining Room" (75% off) but as you can see, I'm about a foot short. Adding a fabric panel makes sense but I could use some tech support from the sewers out there. They are lined (if that matters at all).

Tia--you could swing by your Target and see if they have another panel perhaps? And no, I have no idea how I managed to underline everything...

4 comments:

  1. I would probably go with a border on top. If you want to experiment a bit you could try pinning fabric(top and/or bottom) to see the effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of a solid (maybe brown to match one of your stripes?). Try it on both top & bottom. If on the bottom, it looks like it would blend in with the wall color? Good job saving $$$! It's always more satisfying to me when I've cut a deal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously?! I think those drapes would look better in my dining room. Tia don't look for Keira, you're only enabling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't enable I ignore. Well maybe I do enable but if I don't who will trim when I paint?

    ReplyDelete