Tuesday, February 24, 2009

HOARDING LAWS

Do you know why the church has been less vocal about a one-year supply? It's about a little known fact that President Clinton consolidated former presidential executive orders (Pres. Kennedy, Carter, Roosevelt, etc.) to forbid hoarding food. It all started in 1939 with Pres. Roosevelt...fast forward to Kennedy when it looked like we might go nuclear with Russia. So another executive order...no hoarding. Clinton consolidated all the previous exec orders into one anti-hoarding law. Thus the church had to edit the food storage commandment to comply with law. You can read all about it if you google 'Clinton hoarding law, executive order'.

Three months supply fit into the 'emergency preparedness' outlined by Fema (which, btw, was taken from the church's guidelines. The executive order allows any gov't official (usually National Guard, militia, etc) to confiscate your food or any other survival assets to dole out at their pleasure. So now do you understand why I'm buying a 38 caliber pistol & LOTS OF AMMO! ;)(Yes, of course, I'll share with my neighbors!)

3 comments:

  1. That's really interesting - one more thing to not like about Clinton(as if we needed it).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That man just annoys me at every turn. Not that I won't share my meager hoardings but come on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I should have built secret compartments under my bed and behind walls. It is never too late. You know if the militia come for supplies. they will have a list of all of the Mormons. OK maybe I am getting a bit paranoid now.

    ReplyDelete