Thursday, February 26, 2009

Make it do or do without or find a new one at Goodwill


Found a top 10 find at Gdub this morning. I have wanted to find a substantial couch or chair for a while to put in our master but only saw a few couches from the '70s and several from the '80s. So the real selling point on this is the Crate & Barrel tag under the cushion. $15 for this find. All I need now is to find a Bunker Buddy who happens to hae mad sewing skills and a goto attitude and might visit within the next couple of months. Any takers?

6 comments:

  1. Great find. $15...awesome. Are you just planning on recovering the cushions or are you planning on re-upholstering the back too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much cuter than even described...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd keep the back as is and redue the cushions completely. That is a GREAT find. I'm jealous ;)get some scratch remover for the arms and kick board. Maybe mix-n-match patterns. it aught to be pretty easy to recover, especially if you just do the cushions, just sew giant squares.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey great to hear from the 'Nether corners' again! Good find and would be a easy redo job!
    What color are you going to use?

    ReplyDelete
  5. One way to recover cushions, etc... is to take one cover apart and use it as a pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the way I usually recover cushions though. You know, invite Debbie down to do it. Now that is resourceful! I don't think i can keep the back as is because of the gold and tomato soup colors in the room, but I do want to make a matching duvet.

    ReplyDelete