Sunday, April 5, 2009

A Day To Dig In


So, Friday was my day to dig in and accomplish everything before everything got out of hand. I had one final playgroup with 6 rowdy 4-5 yr old boys. I had one birthday party to get through before August. And I one day to prep before a crew of 10 inexperienced elders quorum members descended on our home to help with the siding.
I took Dad's method of make a list and check it off. Playgroup went well. When in doubt, have them build with sugar. We built igloos with big and little marshmallows and I was definately a big hit. Check!
Ana's party included 6 other girls and a movie party. My hubby had his doubts, but was pleasantly surprised that they remained thoroughly entertained and relatively calm for 3 hours. (a small tip: never exceed the 2 1/2 hr party limit) Check!
And fianlly I have learned that you only get to what you can get to. The prep had to wait until 8am on Sat. It did get done and I was able to Check it off my list.

7 comments:

  1. I'm a list maker too. Addictively so, at times.

    How did the siding installation go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3/4 of the way done & only a couple of noticable mistakes. But is you squint your eyes and lean slightly to the left you can't even see them. Just kidding! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cakes. I bet your kids love them too.

    We need to see pictures of the siding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to hear the siding is getting done. Dad sure would love to be there helping! The cake is darling and I'm sure the girls had a great time! What a girl....you make us proud!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sometimes keep my old lists to see what kind of goals I had in years past...it can be very entertaining!
    HB to Ana!!!!
    Glad to hear how much is going well for you and, yes, we want pics of the siding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Connor wants to pre-order a red one for his birthday. I told him I wasn't sure about shipping??? Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Red? The shipping could get up there for red. It was pretty simple to do once I got the shape down.

    ReplyDelete