Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Beef Stew-ish

I tried a new crockpot recipe the other day. It was sorta like Beef Stragonoff using stew meat. I love pre-cubed stew meat and it's pretty cheap. So here it is:

--2 lbs stew meat
--2 T butter
--1/4 cup soy milk
--1 T gluten free worcestershire sauce
--1 T black pepper
--2 T dried minced onion
--1/4 cup beef broth
--1/2 t kosher salt
--1 t herbs de provence
--1/2 block of cream cheese (not pictured)

Cook on low for 10 hours.

I changed it a bunch and would have added one more ingredient. Keep the butter and the worchestershire sauce, pepper, onion, add au jus (instead of beef broth because that's what I had), salt, some oregano, and I didn't add but would have added one can of Cream of Chicken soup to thicken this up a bit. Add sour cream to it at the end and pour on cooked noodles. Made it in the morning and ate it in the evening. Pretty good and I really like slow cooking stew meat. Everyone liked it but the sauce was thin.

Did I mention that it threw together in 5 minutes?

No comments:

Post a Comment