Friday, May 22, 2009

Garden update



Hopefully the frost we had yesterday wasn't too bad - it doesn't look like anything died today...in the garden. The spinach and kale that I planted from seed are coming up just fine - I need to thin them out a bit.

I thinned my radishes a little today - they are starting to look like radishes...and taste like them too. I am not overly fond of radishes myself - if I eat one I better really be in the mood for it, cause I'll be tasting it the rest of the day. Right now I'm kinda looking forward to that - it's funny what a lack of fresh produce will do to a person.

3 comments:

  1. Fresh spinach salad sounds so yummy right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The radish is awfully cute. I'm not fond of radishes either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Garden looks great! We're harvesting tomatoes like crazy now....but the heat is on the way and unless you use shade cloth, it causes burn spots on the fruit. But a knife takes care of that easily. MAYBE...IF...we can travel this summer, we'll be just in time to eat some fresh 'maters' off your vines!?

    ReplyDelete