Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Dutch Bread II

I gave Sherri's Dutch Crunch Bread recipe a whirl. I have to admit to some skepticism. There was nothing magic in the ingredients....so......
Before putting in the oven- is this what it's supposed to look like?

After baking for 30 minutes.

I was still skeptical. Sure, it looked good, but that's not why we make bread. It's got to taste good and have great texture.

Verdict:
Surprisingly good. I will definitely try this again. I'm not totally in love with the crunchy topping - so I might try it without - but the rest reminded me of kaiser rolls (which I love). The crunchy topping was a little too crunchy for me - but that may have been because my home ground rice flour was coarser than store bought.

I will make these into rolls next time instead of loaves. I might try adding crushed garlic, rosemary, thyme and basil (the seasonings in my Garlic Herb Bread).

Thank you Sherri!

No comments:

Post a Comment