Sunday, May 3, 2009

Pita Bread Machine Recipe

When Mom gave me her fresh ground wheat flour, I used it on a recipe for pita bread. When you partner with the bread machine, making pita bread isn't much harder than making rolls. I found that my pockets puffed more reliably if I only stretched them out to six inch rounds. Any thin "windows" in the dough will prevent it rising.
If you are using the pockets promptly (i.e.-your gyros are already hot and tzatziki mixed) you can probably skip the wet towel, but if they sit out they will become brittle and not slice neatly.
This Pita Bread Machine Recipe is from associatedcontent.com. The white pita bread recipe is listed on the first page, the whole wheat is on the second page.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good! I going to get some sprouts and tzatziki and make them this week. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete