Thursday, March 26, 2009

Choose me, NO, choose ME.....CELL PHONE DILEMMA


I NEED HELP! We've been 'off-contract' for several months now; we need new phones and I don't know what to choose! We have two pretty basic phones now and frankly, dad doesn't need one any more complicated. So I'll probably just go with the 'free' one for him. I, however, think I would like to try something with more 'bells & whistles' to play with. I "think" I'd like the ipod phone, but it's not available with Verizon. But maybe I'm not smart enough to run it anyway! So all you techno-brains out there, PLEASE help me decide. Keep in mind, I'm on a budget too. (I've been looking at Amazon.com for their deals & am open to other sites as well as the Verizon store.) We'll be adding our cell phone acct to our Qwest bundle on the 5th of April to save a couple of bucks a month, if that makes a difference.


And btw, what does it mean when they sell "UNLOCKED" phones? Can anyone use them with ANY provider? Just a question, not planning to spend that much.


So thanks in advance for all your help! (Did you notice all the pics I choose are purple or pink phones? And yes, Deb, my new camera is pink too!) think I'm in a rut!









3 comments:

  1. We just went through the whole cell phone replacement ourelves - we have 5 phones on our plan - we ended up with 3 different styles. Alex and Danny (they share a phone) and Stephanie got the free one. I got one that slides up to open - I tend to break the hinges on phones, so I'm trying the "slider". Steve and Alex got phones that have a slide out keyboard - I guess thats's great if you do a lot of texting (which Steve doesn't). Nathan can actually post entries to his blog from his phone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not so sure I like my phone. I have a couple more weeks in which I can return it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I barely crawled into the cellular age--definitely not the gal to ask...

    ReplyDelete