Thursday, March 5, 2009

Free Range Shopper


I like to do my grocery shopping solo. I'm a "get in, get it, get out" kinda girl. I don't spend a lot of time dallying in the dairy section, pausing in produce or meandering through the meat. Nope, have list, will travel.

I have had to revise my normal shopping routine lately. Since I haven't been driving I have had to have a designated driver. Tonight Steve is taking me. He has a whole different shopping style...he likes to take time to smell the_____(insert grocery item).

I've been working on making a "map" of my food storage shelves. For instance, I know just how many bags of brown sugar, boxes of Top Ramen, cans of black beans, etc... that fit - now when it's time to go shopping I just figure out how much of anything I'm short of - I just look at my map and know how much fits.
Hmmm...now I just have to figure out what's for dinner.

3 comments:

  1. Well, Michael volunteered to bring home dinner since I took the kids swimming. We were all trying to guess, on the way home, what dinner would be. Emma won, she guessed Chinese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is awesome!! You know what is the BEST thing for food storage organization on the market right now? Rotation System Shelves! shelfreliance.com came up with these incredible shelves that make organizing and rotating food storage a piece of cake! Check our their website because they have sales going on right now and you can also see all the yummy dried foods they sell! GOOD DEALS so go see!

    ReplyDelete