Sunday, March 15, 2009

Wheat Grinder


I don't have the plans for how to make a wheat grinder. However, once you get the two stones together so they rotate against each other you need a way to power them. Rubbing stones together by hand gets old fast. It might be easier to get your exercise and flour at the same time.

Debbie and I used to have this wheat grinder. I can't believe we no longer have it. I don't remember what we did with it. Real stone ground wheat must be better for you than the metal grinders sold now. After all, the flour gets mineral enriched when ground.

3 comments:

  1. I think that I could get Michael behind a grinder like this. It might become the next "rocket launcher" project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say BLAH! Mom ruined wheat for me forever: stone ground? HA! I don't think that grinder ground anything! That bread she made for us growing up was a stone! I really like telling people that we are white bread people - especially snooty all-organic-all-the-time people. Sorry Mom! Your efforts were lost on me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA HA! That's hilarious Connor!

    ReplyDelete