Sunday, March 8, 2009

HELP! NEED YOUR ADVICE!



So, you may have noticed the 'blank acreage' displayed on my latest blog!


I PROMISE! I DIDN'T LAY IT OUT LIKE THAT!


I worked and worked at making it look like the draft...going back and checking the layout over and over again; only to see all my work for naught! I've tried putting in the pics before I type text and putting them in after...makes NO difference...still ugly and space 'eating'! When I place the pics I try to move them around to be at least 'near' the text about them. BUT, I find it almost impossible to get them where I want.

So the question is: how do you write your posts and is there a certain 'program' (that I don't have) you use that automatically places things the way you wish them to be (or at least similar to the draft)? I would appreciate any tips you all may have. I hate wasting all that space and risking wrist injury due to the extreme amount of scrolling required just to read it!

I will dutifully follow said advice and give all credit due.
Thanks in advance!

5 comments:

  1. No "special program" for me. I do preview my post before I post it. In the upper right portion of the window where it says Edit HTML and Compose, underneath is Preview. If you really want to get tricky, go into Edit HTML and move the pictures by copying and pasting in that window. I find that it is harder to move the pictures if you have them on the right side of the text.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suggested to Keira that she call you and talk you through it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No help here! I cannot even get my latest post to update to anyone's list! I've looked all day at Deb's and it still has not listed on her updates...weird. Is it worse to have to scroll or to be ghostlike and non-existent (insert sigh here).

    ReplyDelete
  4. My baby was crying most of tonight so I didn't get a call in. Your posts show up perfectly at this blog though so it's a head scratcher...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keira: Mom's post HERE looks fine - but did you look at her regular blog...that's where you can see the trouble.

    ReplyDelete